Moonee in Melbourne- Accessible Accommodation
Moonee in Melbourne – Accessible Accommodation caters to all levels of mobility in comfort and style. The apartment is located just 17 minutes drive from the centre of Melbourne, and a 17 minute drive from Melbourne Airport. Ideally positioned for Short Term, (STA), Medium Term (MTA), Respite and holidays.
The newly renovated, oversized apartment features three bedrooms, sleeping 6 guests comfortably. The main bedroom is three times the size of a standard bedroom, allowing for free movement for wheelchair users. Featuring TWO Electric King Single Hi Lo beds, a battery-operated Mobile Hoist and a 75-inch TV (with Netflix). This bedroom leads to an accessible ensuite with a roll-in (step-free) shower with grab rails on two sides (for left and right-handed users’ convenience). You can choose a freestanding (height adjustable) Shower Chair, or a Commode, depending on your unique mobility needs. A lowered (glide under) vanity and a standard toilet complemented with two grab rails (on either side) complete the seamless accessible space. No need to hire equipment, it is already there for you. Furthermore, there is a lockable door and a choice to be interconnected with the rest of the apartment or have your own exit, kitchenette, dining space and accessible bathroom, giving you the benefits of self-contained convenience. This is ideal if you require carers but value your privacy.
Moonee in Melbourne – Accessible Accommodation is Managed exclusively by Accessible Accommodation, for Short Term, (STA), Medium Term (MTA), Respite and holidays. Download brochure HERE
Adjoining the main accessible bedroom space is the second bedroom with built-in robes and two comfy single beds. The third oversized bedroom features a queen bed and interconnecting ensuite style to the main bathroom. Leading on from the bedrooms through an extra wide corridor, you arrive at the kitchen living and dining space. With two electric recliners, a sofa plus a huge 75-inch TV with Netflix, Foxtel as well as a PlayStation console, you won’t want to leave!
The dining table allows a wheelchair user to glide under, and the kitchen has all the essentials placed in lower cupboards for the comfort of movement. Ramps to an outdoor and very private balcony with outdoor seating and a BBQ finish this spacious and welcoming accessible apartment.
Throughout the apartment, there are timber floors, for ease of gliding for a wheelchair user. The laundry is complemented by a third toilet as well as a washer and dryer.
Key accessible features:
- TWO Electric hi-lo Adjustable King Single Beds. Both can be put together for a couple. Each with single doona covers. Ideal for two wheelchair users. Brand and specs HERE (2 x Split King Elite Hi Lo with Sleep Deluxe Mattress).
- Two sets of collapsible bed rails.
- Mobile hoist (BYO sling) Aidacare Aspire 200
- Shower Commode
- Roll in step-free shower
- Two grab rails in the shower (for left and right-handed users).
- Two grab rails in the toilet
- Free standing height adjustable shower chair
- Massive bedroom for the person with a disability, with separate and interconnected doors and a kitchenette and dining area.
- Timber flooring (easy glide)
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE Secure undercover NON-WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE) parking access via laneway through Lethbridge st.For wheelchair users, there is space around the building to disembark and have the car parked under cover.
Other amenity details:
- Two recliner electric chairs (not the sit-to-stand type) that are approximately 40 cm in height.
- Three toilets in total
- Two of the three bedrooms have the en-suite option (including the person requiring the accessible bedroom). All bedrooms are spacious and step-free as well.
- Coffee pod machine
- PlayStation (with up to 20 games to choose from)
- Netflix & Foxtel services
- Timber flooring throughout
- Electric heating in each room, ceiling fans in each bedroom.
Note the accessible ensuite has a balcony but it is not accessible. The main balcony is fully accessible.
Note: there is a disabled car parking space as well as a standard parking space in the ground floor carport of the building. However, to access the apartment, you will need to exit the carpark and along the street path to the front entrance. There is no direct parking internally. There is also plenty of street parking in the block.
Read about Leanne’s visit to the property in her blog HERE
Distance to the nearest hospital from Moonee in Melbourne – Accessible Accommodation?
7.8 km to The Royal Women’s Hospital, Parkville
5 km to Brunswick Private Hospital, Brunswick
4 km to John Fawkner Private Hospital, Coburg
6.3 km to Footscray Hospital, Footscray
4.5 km to The Royal Melbourne Hospital – Royal Park Campus, Parkville
6.9 km to The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, Parkville
Do you allow a same-day check-in?
Do you require a security bond to be paid at check-in? if so, what is the amount?
What are the check-in/out times and are these flexible?
Check-In is 2 pm and Check Out is 10 am. If there is no same-day changeover, we may be able to offer extended times. Please request a week before your stay.
Activities In and Around Moonee in Melbourne – Accessible Accommodation
- Ascot Vale Leisure Centre (3.5 km away) offers access to a fully equipped gym with Access for All Abilities classes which focuses on improving muscle strength, flexibility and balance. Also, there is a 25 metre, Warm Water and Program pool with an access ramp, Splash Park with beach entry, 8 accessible change rooms as well as 2 x aquatic wheelchairs are also available. Free entry for Carers. More info HERE
- One block away: Queens Park Pool has grab rails to get into the pool. More info HERE. Queens Park has lovely paths around the lake and there is a cafe serving great coffee!
- Moonee Valley Racecourse is 1 km away and has accessible parking and toilets as well as lifts. Call customer service 1300 843 825 for wheelchair hire. More info HERE
- Melbourne Showgrounds is 4.6 km away and has extensive accessible amenities including a Changing Places facility. More info HERE
- Flemington racecourse is 3.6 km away and offers a range of accessible facilities for those with limited mobility and special needs. More info HERE
- ClockTower performing Arts Centre More info HERE
- For information on Public Transport and accessibility, click HERE
- 4.8 km to The Melbourne Zoo. Changing Places facility, wheelchair hire, an easy-to-follow path system, with access for people using wheelchairs. More info HERE
Not quite what you are after?
That’s ok, Explore our range of listings HERE. A range of holiday Accessible Accommodations around Australia. From holiday houses, retreats, cabins, houseboats, farm stays resorts, hotels, motels B&B’s, and more.
Be inspired by holiday ideas:
Pet-Friendly Accessible Accommodation: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Beach Wheelchair Hire nearby: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Accessible Swimming Pools nearby: CLICK HERE
Please note: The booking page for all properties listed on Accessible Accommodation may list both accessible and non-accessible rooms. All accessible rooms are indicated in the room title. Accessible Accommodation bears no responsibility for the booking of an incorrect room type.