Sargood On Collaroy Accessible Accommodation Is For People With Spinal Cord Injury, & Their Family.
Sargood On Collaroy- (accommodation for SCI) is a resort with fully accessible accommodation specifically designed for people with spinal cord injury (SCI), their families & carers. (For now, only people with SCI mobility challenges are accepted, as this is a specialised service.)
What they offer:
– Fully wheelchair accessible accommodation and facilities with the very latest in adaptive technology, home automation, accessible equipment and daily living aids.
– Respite, refreshment and inspiration for people with SCI and their families.
– The chance to reconnect with family, friends and peers.
– An opportunity for learning. Sargood encourages and assists guests to participate in leisure and recreation activities, maintain social networks and plan their return to work or study after their injury.
– An expert clinical team, including occupational therapists, vocational therapists, exercise physiologists and recreational therapists, who are caring, dedicated and specifically trained to assist in the support of people with spinal cord injuries.
– A large range of recreation and leisure activities, and the opportunity to discover new skills, passions or hobbies.
– Guest attendants who can assist with your daily care needs if required.
– An adaptive gym (Club Sargood) with the latest technology and equipment as well as qualified individualised support and exercise programs.
– Educational courses throughout the year to facilitate learning new skills and increasing independence including innovation, recreation and health.
Sargood On Collaroy Accessible Accommodation key accessible features:
- Accessible Pool
- Grab Bars
- Ceiling Hoist
- Electric Adjustable Bed
- Mobile Hoist
- On Site Disabled Parking
- Service Dog Provisions
- Shower Chair
- Step-Free Access, Step-Free Shower.
- Adaptive Gym
- Accessible home automation
- On-site therapists
- Over 12 accessible activities
- Only Registered Service animals are permitted. Must have Certification paperwork. Pets in general are not permitted. (BYO bed and bowls.)
Sargood On Collaroy Accessible Accommodation has a plethora of activities
Sargood has a huge range of seasonal activities on offer specifically designed for people with spinal cord injury (SCI), supported by their dedicated recreation team. Throughout your stay you can take part in:
– Beach activities
– Surfing and ocean swimming
– Virtual reality
– Gym classes
– Bush push
– Rock climbing
– Farmer’s market visit
– Pool and table tennis
– Home automation and drone demonstrations
…and we are always adding more!
Surfing, body surfing or ocean swimming
Get back in the surf and experience the thrill of riding the waves using their Wavejet Surfboard. The crew will teach you how to use the Wavejet surfboard and other adaptive equipment. Sargood’s goal is to get you surfing as independently as possible without compromising your safety.
Along with the Wavejet Surfboard, they also use soft top surfboards and beach access wheelchairs (Hippocampe, Lasher Sport, Beach Bomber, MobiChair).
If surfing is not for you, let the crew support you into the surf for a swim or body surf. They have a range of pool chairs and floatation devices to assist guests specifically designed for spinal cord injury (SCI).
For more information on this activity and the many others, they have, visit the activities program HERE.
Currently it’s specifically accessible accommodation for people with spinal cord injury
Sargood On Collaroy Accessible Accommodation is suitable For Events:
Sargood on Collaroy could be the perfect place for your next meeting or gathering. Whether you are looking to hold a conference, workshop, team meeting or launch, the Pittwater Room on Level 1 offers modern air-conditioned conference space in magnificent surrounds.
With direct access to the resort’s outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful Collaroy Beach, the Pittwater Room can accommodate 35-40 people seated and up to 80 people with standing room.
The Sargood team can assist with all Conference Room hire enquiries and you are more than welcome to inspect their facilities before booking.
For more information, visit their website HERE.
Not quite what you are after?
That’s ok, Explore our range of listings HERE. A range of holiday Accessible accommodation around Australia. From holiday houses, retreats, cabins, houseboats, farmstays, resorts, hotels, motels B&B’s and more. If you are particularly after accommodation with an accessible pool, click HERE for our list of alternatives.