Gokula Stay Hervey Bay Accessible Accommodation is ideally suited for Short Term (STA), Respite and holidays for people with disabilities of all levels. With the option of an on-site carer, this beautiful large open plan low-set holiday home consists of 3 bedrooms, a claw foot bath and a walk-in shower, fully fenced and pet friendly upon application, a huge outdoor entertainment area overlooking a large grassed space and gardens for you to capture and enjoy, PLUS an attached self-contained apartment with wheelchair accessible bathroom, kitchenette, living space, electric bed plus companion bed, full hoist, stand up hoist, range of shower chairs and easy driveway access. Situated in a very quiet location, Point Vernon is surrounded by stunning beaches, an abundance of birdlife, nearby sea views across to K’gari (Fraser Island), and only 400m to the 10km esplanade walking and cycle path which offers the scenic route into town or to the Urangan Pier, the public water park for kids to enjoy, plus a huge range of social and adventure activities and only 2.5km to the famous Gatakers Bay and its gorgeous sunsets and quiet beaches.
Welcome to Gokula Stay! Newly refurbished and designed with large open areas, plenty of natural daylight and easy wheelchair maneuverability and a huge outdoor covered entertainment area adjacent to the living areas. The yard is perfect for accommodating the whole family, including children and pets, with its 6-foot fencing and large grassed area and gardens with flowers, fruit and veggies growing! Inside, the open plan lounge, dining and kitchen areas are well lit and fresh with 3 ceiling fans and a large reverse cycle aircon. The main bedroom also with aircon has a walk-through robe that enters the 2-way bathroom. The bathroom has a vintage rustic deep claw-foot bath which can be accessed with the hoist giving all guests the opportunity to enjoy this luxury, a walk-in shower and a gorgeous carved mango wood vanity. A 2-way toilet is adjacent to the main bathroom. The far end of the home has bedroom 2 with a queen-size bed and built-in robe full of board games, and bedroom 3 with 2 long single beds and a built-in robe with TV and DVD’s will be sure to keep the young and old alike entertained.
There is a second, covered external laundry situated at the rear of the home, with accessible washer and dryer heights. In addition, there is a caravan pad with nearby power and water at the front of the property which can be made available upon request.
Guests can make use of the Lotus Room, an apartment joined to the main house, interconnected by an internal doorway with a ramp, in an easy-access open plan design. This apartment has an accessible kitchenette with low bench height and includes a tipping kettle, portable gas cooker, air fryer oven and fridge freezer, as well as dinnerware etc and a small dining table adjacent.
For ease of access, the apartment has a large open bathroom with wrap around curtains for privacy and with a large open accessible shower with support rails, and a toilet with fold-down support rails to each side. A new reverse cycle air conditioner and 2 ceiling fans add to the comfort, as does the super comfortable electric and companion beds (2 king single beds) which can be separated or joined as requested. You even have your own smart television to watch from the comfort of your bed.
Gokula Stay offers peace, privacy and serenity, with comfortable living for small and large families. With lots of fresh breezes, glass and natural lighting, you can unwind and read a book or have a day in and dive into a Netflix marathon, we have wifi and a great TV and a huge lounge and also a sit-to-stand recliner chair to relax on! When you feel adventurous, make your way to many of the beautiful beaches which are so close by. A wood fire heater is on its way and installation is planned prior to winter, for cozy warmth and great for lazy days in.
Key accessible features:
- Accessible toilet seat
- Beach wheelchair hire nearby
- Carer assistance offered
- Electric adjustable bed
- Fixed grab bars
- Mobile hoist
- Stand up hoist
- On-site disabled parking
- Service dog provisions
- Shower chair (commode)
- Step-free access
- Step-free shower
Distance to the nearest hospital: Hervey Bay General Hospital 5.5km
Activities In And Around Gokula Stay Hervey Bay Accessible Accommodation
Point Vernon boasts beautiful beaches to the East, North and West and incredible, breathtaking sunsets at Gatakers Bay. A 10km paved pedestrian and cycle track in the shade of large trees adjacent to the sea, joining Point Vernon to Urangan Pier, with shops and cafes, parks and exercise equipment along the way.
– For the ultimate adventure, Gokula Stay can highly recommend ‘Hervey Bay Whale Watch & Charters’ to their guests! From July to October, Hervey Bay becomes the whale watching capital of the world! Experience close-up whale watching on the Quick Cat II, a fantastic vessel with excellent 360 degree wheelchair accessibility and a super-close experience at the front of the bow where the whales can swim right beneath you! You can even swim with the whales!! They offer morning trips, afternoon trips or the option to combine your whale watching with a trip to K’gari (Fraser Island). Hervey Bay Whale Watch offers sunset cruises on their smaller vessel, Calypso, allowing you to experience spectacular sunsets leaving from various locations along the foreshore of Hervey Bay. No other tour can offer this level of access and awesomeness! More info HERE or call 1800 671 977 and mention Gokula Stay when you book!
– Along the Esplanade is a great free water park (seasonal operation) for adults and children to enjoy. The water park provides wet area wheelchairs upon request for free, so everyone can enjoy the fun facilities.
– Reefworld Hervey Bay is a fun place for all the family! Pat and feed the turtles, watch up close the fish and rays in their aquarium and touch the starfish in the touch tank! The aquarium and touch tank is wheelchair accessible, and some wheelchair access is possible to see the giant green sea turtles. The cafe restaurant is open Wednesday to Sunday for breakfast and lunch. More info HERE.
– The council provide visitors with all-terrain beach wheelchairs upon request. More info HERE
– Water recreation and guided tours such as Turtle Discovery Eco Tour and Cultural Experiences. More info HERE
– Shopping, restaurants, cinemas, botanical gardens and so much more is close by!
– Fraser Coast Accessible Travel Guide has heaps of great things to do! More info HERE
– The Hervey Bay Golf Club boasts fabulous facilities for guests, with the native setting of the challenging 18 hole championship course. The Club House Hervey Bay is a delightful place to spend time in the company of friends and family. Restaurant, bar, live music, cafe, kids room. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Find them at the corner of Tooth St and Old Maryborough Rd, Pialba. Phone (07) 4128 4249.
Not quite what you are after?
That’s ok, Explore our range of listings HERE. A range of holiday Accessible accommodation around Australia. From holiday houses, retreats, cabins, houseboats, farm stays resorts, hotels, motels B&B’s, and more.
Be inspired by holiday ideas:
Pet-Friendly Accessible Accommodation: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Beach Wheelchair Hire nearby: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Accessible Swimming Pools nearby: CLICK HERE
Please note: The booking page for all properties listed on Accessible Accommodation may list both accessible and non-accessible rooms. All accessible rooms are indicated in the room title. Accessible Accommodation bears no responsibility for the booking of an incorrect room type.