100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Accessible Accommodation.
Accessible Accommodation Barwon Heads -100 Hitchcock. Holiday & short-term accommodation, Barwon Heads. Includes Hoist, Commode wheelchair, two types of toilet & shower chairs, fixed grab rails, bed stick, and level access. Two king single hi lo electric beds that are placed together to form a king. A beach wheelchair to also use during your stay.
100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Accessible Accommodation on the Bellarine Peninsula, just 90 minutes from Melbourne. 100 Hitchcock is located on the main street in heart of Barwon Heads, where the popular TV series SeaChange was filmed. Offering luxury accessible holiday accommodation for families, the house is just a few minutes walk to shops and the beach. Park your car when you arrive and stroll everywhere.
In Summer, you are just a few minutes from the beach. While in Winter, laze by the log fire on the huge couch and choose from dozens of DVD’s and games. Barwon Heads is 90 minutes from Melbourne in the Bellarine Peninsula, near the start of The Great Ocean Road.
100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Accessible Accommodation Accessibility Information:
The following is included at the property:
- Beach wheelchair at the property. Cruise to the beach from the house
- Portable battery-operated hoist, (byo sling).
- Electric hi-lo bed. There are two king single hi lo beds which are placed together to form a king bed. There are collapsible side rails on either side of the king set-up. Hi-lo lift as well as knees feet and head adjustable as well as vibrational massage feature. (note the massage function must not be used if you have a pacemaker.) There is also a Trendelenburg option. Full specs are here: Elite Hi Lo Adjustable Bed Spec Sheet The mattress is made with cool touch Tencel fabric, latex gel support layer and a firm edge support wall to make wheelchair-to-bed transfers easier and safer. (Room for hoist under the bed ).
- Bed pole (Bed stick).
- Over bed table
- Shower commode chair on wheels
- Grab bars (fixed as well as adjustable)
- Shower Chair (freestanding height adjustable with arms)
- Shower Chair (freestanding height adjustable with one arm to allow for side transfer)
- Toilet chair surround (providing grab bars on the sides of the toilet).
- Toilet chair that is height adjustable with arms (placed over the toilet).
- Walking frame
- Manual Wheelchair
- Baby monitor (as the accessible wing is at one end of the house, and the rest of the bedrooms at the other end).
Download Brochure Here: 100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Brochure
Open plan living
Secure undercover entertaining
Second living zone: ideally suited for kids
A peaceful night’s sleep
- The Master bedroom (with en-suite) has two king single hi lo electric beds that are placed together to form a king with room under the bed for a hoist.
- Second bedroom (with room under bed for hoist)
- The third bedroom has 4 single beds in a double bunk bed configuration)
100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Accessible Accommodation Property Features
For your exclusive use during your stay, a floating beach wheelchair. Take it from the house to the beach (gentle tidal river ideal for floating in the water, or open ocean for a stroll along the sand, your choice. This enables a person with disabilities to experience the beach at any time with family and friends all year round. The tidal river two blocks from 100 Hitchcock is absolutely perfect for this activity. Gentle waves, and not too deep.
If you are looking for Accessible accommodation Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads is the adjoining suburb.
Below is a complete list of Wheelchair Accessible Restaurants nearby. They have been checked by Leanne from Leanne’s Wheel Life.
Pier St Portarlington
At The Heads Barwon Heads
The Bungalow Drysdale
Mr Grubb Ocean Grove
Flying Brick Cider Company Geelong
The Mex Ocean Grove
House Of Jack Rabbit (Cafe) Bellarine
Jack Rabbit Restaurant Bellarine
Read what Leanne wrote in her recent blog, where she reviewed the property’s accessibility
Blogger “Leanne’s Wheel Life” stayed at 100 Hitchcock recently. Here is what she wrote: CLICK HERE
Pets are accepted on a case-by-case basis. The owners are dog lovers too. If your dog is well-behaved, and poop collected, they’d love to have him or her stay! Please seek approval before booking- as they request a $200 pet bond. It’s refunded in full if there’s no additional cleaning ( pet hair/poop) required. Service dogs allowed at all times. Read more in our blog HERE
Not quite what you are after?
That’s ok, Explore our range of listings HERE. A range of holiday Accessible accommodation around Australia. From holiday houses, retreats, cabins, houseboats, farm stays, resorts, hotels, motels B&B’s and more.
Be inspired by holiday ideas:
Pet-Friendly Accessible Accommodation: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Beach Wheelchair Hire nearby: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Accessible Swimming Pools nearby: CLICK HERE