100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Accessible Accommodation.
Accessible Accommodation Barwon Heads – 100 Hitchcock. Holiday & short-term accommodation, Barwon Heads. Includes Hoist, Commode wheelchair, two types of toilet & shower chairs, fixed grab rails, bed stick and level access. Two king single hi-lo electric beds are placed together to form a king. A beach wheelchair to also use during your stay.
100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Accessible Accommodation on the Bellarine Peninsula, just 90 minutes from Melbourne. 100 Hitchcock is located on the main street in the heart of Barwon Heads, where the popular TV series SeaChange was filmed. Offering luxury accessible holiday accommodation for families, the house is just a few minutes walk to shops and the beach. Park your car when you arrive and stroll everywhere.
In Summer, you are just a few minutes from the beach. While in Winter, laze by the log fire on the huge couch and choose from dozens of DVDs and games. Barwon Heads is 90 minutes from Melbourne in the Bellarine Peninsula, near the start of The Great Ocean Road.
Key Accessible Features
The following is included at the property:
- Beach wheelchair at the property. Cruise to the beach from the house
- Portable battery-operated hoist (byo sling).
- Electric hi-lo bed. There are two king-single hi-lo beds that are placed together to form a king bed. There are collapsible side rails on either side of the king set-up. Hi-lo lift as well as knees, feet and head adjustable as well as vibrational massage feature. (Note the massage function must not be used if you have a pacemaker.) There is also a Trendelenburg option. Full specs are here: Elite Hi-Lo Adjustable Bed Spec Sheet The mattress is made with cool touch Tencel fabric, a latex gel support layer and a firm edge support wall to make wheelchair-to-bed transfers easier and safer. (Room for hoist under the bed).
- Bed pole (Bed stick)
- Over bed table
- Shower commode chair on wheels
- Grab bars
- Shower Chair (freestanding height adjustable with arms)
- Shower Chair (freestanding height adjustable with one arm to allow for side transfer)
- Toilet chair surround (providing grab bars on the sides of the toilet)
- Toilet chair that is height adjustable with arms (placed over the toilet)
- Walking frame
- Manual Wheelchair
- Baby monitor (as the accessible wing is at one end of the house and the rest of the bedrooms at the other end)
Property/room specifications and equipment hire options listed in the FAQs below.
Download Brochure Here: 100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Brochure
Open plan living
Secure undercover entertaining
Second living zone: ideally suited for kids
A peaceful night’s sleep
- The Master bedroom (with en-suite) has two king single hi lo electric beds that are placed together to form a king with room under the bed for a hoist.
- Second bedroom (with room under the bed for hoist
- The third bedroom has 4 single beds in a double bunk bed configuration
100 Hitchcock Barwon Heads Accessible Accommodation Property Features
For your exclusive use during your stay, a floating beach wheelchair. Take it from the house to the beach gentle tidal river ideal for floating in the water, or open ocean for a stroll along the sand, your choice. This enables a person with disabilities to experience the beach at any time with family and friends all year round. The tidal river two blocks from 100 Hitchcock is absolutely perfect for this activity. Gentle waves and not too deep.
If you are looking for Accessible accommodation in Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads is the adjoining suburb.
Below is a complete list of Wheelchair Accessible Restaurants nearby. They have been checked by Leanne from Leanne’s Wheel Life.
- Pier St Portarlington
- At The Heads Barwon Heads
- 360Q Queenscliff
- The Bungalow Drysdale
- Mr Grubb Ocean Grove
- Flying Brick Cider Company Geelong
- The Mex Ocean Grove
- Fork n Flower Leopold
- House Of Jack Rabbit (Cafe) Bellarine
- Jack Rabbit Restaurant Bellarine
Mobi-chair beach wheelchair onsite. Ocean Grove Main Beach has an all-abilities access ramp and Hodgson St Beach in Ocean Grove also has ramped access to the beach. Accessibility – Barwon Coast
Information is current as of 24/10/2023, see councils’ sites for updates.
Read what Leanne wrote in her recent blog, where she reviewed the property’s accessibility
Only service dogs allowed. Please provide service dog registration prior to booking
Not quite what you are after?
That’s ok, Explore our range of listings HERE. A range of holiday Accessible accommodation around Australia. From holiday houses, retreats, cabins, houseboats, farm stays, resorts, hotels, motels B&B’s and more.
Be inspired by holiday ideas:
Pet-Friendly Accessible Accommodation: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Beach Wheelchair Hire nearby: CLICK HERE
Holiday Accommodation options with Accessible Swimming Pools nearby: CLICK HERE